04 June 2008

Manicures? Me?


Okay, For those of you who know me personally, you know I'm not really a girly girl. I'm not a HUGE fan of doing my hair and make-up - at least not be the standards of a lot of Southern Women.

 I love nothing more than working really hard and getting so into the work that I don't realize how filthy I am until I see the mud rinsing down the shower drain. It comes from years with horses, playing outside as a kid and a general interest in what I'm doing.

BUT I also have finger nails that break with a strong breeze. Lately, they've gotten longer, and I was loath to chop them off. So I decided to do an experiment - I put on Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Base and Top Coat, as well as the color du jour (It looks less garish without the heavy duty stapler) AND....

This is what my nails looked like after a full 8 hours of construction time with hammers, staplers, chicken wire shaping, ladder scaling, and all sorts of other things.

I have to give Sally credit - This stuff works!! Hey, maybe there is some clever use for it in my construction? coat the floors and NEVER have scratches on the wood again? I wonder if I could get volume discounts? . . . I'd only need a few gallons....


No comments: