26 June 2008

I guess I come by it naturally...?




We were up at my mother's house this weekend. It is a 100+ year old farm house in north Georgia. It is really lovely, though the roof is needing a bit of work. There was an addition put on about 15 years ago. . . . No air conditioning, heating with wood burning stoves, well water, septic tank. It is a great place. I'm glad she has it...



and this....





is her "shed" actually it is a little house my grandfather built about 40 years ago. When my mom had the kitchen extended, she move the "dog house" up the hill. she also put in a Jacuzzi. She uses the little house as a bedroom. It's quite lovely...

Except for the Bear.


My mother and Stephen Colbert have at least one thing in common. They are both troubled by bears. . . Though really Mom is less afraid than Colbert. And it only eats bird seed and stuff... so far...

No comments: