29 June 2007

Re: From my In Box

Okay, I know there are some folks out there who are less than enamoured with Al Gore. I am not one of them.

I think the guy has done a world of service by taking a marginalized issue and turning it into something really significant.

Plus, I've had the hugest crush on him since we met at the Jefferson Jackson Dinner in Atlanta about 23 years ago. I was attending with my Grand Father, a committed Democrat, and amazing organizer.

Several times I've had the all too brief pleasure of seeing Al Gore again, and I'm always amazed that the respect he shows for everyone when he's under tremendous pressure. He and I were shoved together in a mass event at the UGA campus when he was running for VP, and despite the throngs of people I felt like he was the classiest guy there. (Swoon!)

I won't go on at the moment, but suffice to say, if Al Gore were to run for president, I would seriously consider taking a break from my current work to help him get elected.

Okay, I've gushed long enough. I've said it. Now everyone knows. I (heart) Al Gore!

No comments: