So I'm starting my "reasons for building your own shed" series.
Today's reasons to build your own shed:
- getting wonderfully familiar with the seasons including the changes in movement of the sun across the sky in winter and summer
- hearing the kids in the neighborhood playing on the trampoline they got for Christmas
- knowing when the mailman comes because you actually know sound the creak of the brakes on the mail truck
- learning to do something that shows how much you really did in a day, and at the end of the day, you can actually look and see progress (as opposed to 'work of the mind - in which your life consists of hitting keys on a computer for money')
- developing work habits in a space all your own, and making up little rituals to open and close your work day
- getting to make innovative changes along the way with only yourself to blame/charge extra/enjoy the changes
- hearing the creek flowing again for the first time in months (drought's not over yet, but getting there, fingers crossed)
- getting to listen to whatever you want to when building it and knowing that Millennium Disco Party vibes will forever be in the fibers of your deck
It's been a good one.