21 March 2008

As it stands now...

I've been dreaming about my office lately.
I'm not really one to do the whole "sacred spaces" stuff, but I do have a real affinity for this little nitch in the woods. Yesterday I was talking to my students here in Italy about it, and ended up showing them photos. They said it looks like a "REALLY COOL treehouse!" WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!
Seriously, it's such an amazing place. In my dream this morning, my husband told me he'd sold the house and was moving to Arizona. I refused to go. I didn't want to leave my shed. And the worse thing was the buyer wanted to tear it down. Ugh. Anyway, It's fun to realize, it was ONLY a dream.
I've gotten good news. I'll have some time in May that I may be available to work on it. I'm really looking forward to that! I just read back through my full blog - what one does in Italy when exhausted and listening to Grace Jones. It was so neat to see everything from the very earliest starts, the "tent office" to this.
It's been good to see the progress, and I smile ruefully to know how much more I have yet to do. And the funny thing is, even though I am working again, I still want to be the one to do the work on it myself. I don't want to hire out the work. I've really come to love the time working on it.
I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I'm doing it.
I'll post the Plastering Party dates when we get closer to them. One thing about Italy is they do some fun stuff with plaster. It's inspirational. Maybe I'll put angels above the windows or gargoyles on the roof. Or, um, oh yeah. Maybe not.
We'll see.
I'm looking forward to getting back to it!!

No comments: