09 November 2008

Misc. and a Johnny Cash Pick-up truck

Bird feeder hung out at the office - VERY POPULAR with our winged neighbors...

and below, due to some rather challenging situations - including a car getting totaled, (no one hurt, thank heavens!) insurance none sense, and the need for short term (-ish) reliable transportation... I am now the proud owner of a 1982, 1986, 1989, 1992 $400 Pick-up truck.
The truck "runs good", needed some attention and a tune up but my awesome mechanic called to say he was having trouble ordering parts. It turns out it's had some things done to it and he wasn't quite sure what year it was. He said "It runs, and I'll get it fixed up for you, but you need to know it's been put together kind of funny" To which I had to reply "Gary, are you telling me I bought a Franken-truck?" He laughed and then it hit me! "I bought me a Johnny Cash Pick-up truck!!" (See the wonderful song One piece at a time) Gary and I have bonded over this!

Suffice to say, it is just sort of ironic that AT THE END of the building project I buy a truck?

Oh well... I'm sure I'll still have plenty of stuff to haul for a while!
And there will always be more projects...

No comments: